The Diploma in Sports Studies is one of the sports education programmes that the SRC embarked upon in 2004 in partnership with the National University of Science and Technology (NUST). The advent of this programme was informed by the need to equip sports practitioners (coaches, administrators and technical officials) with the requisite skills and competencies to help them organize their sporting activities effectively. The duration of the programme is two years. Aspiring candidates for this programme should have the following Qualifications:
- 5 O Levels with a Grade C or better in English language, Mathematics and any other Science subject.
- Individuals who are participating in sport will have an added advantage.
- Sport administration and or coaching certificate.
- Physical education specialization will be an added advantage.
- Experience in sport management at club or association level.
- In exceptional circumstances special entry will be granted to those who do not have the normal entry qualifications.